Following the story of an individual who found a dead bat in a sealed Fresh Express salad mix, we now give you the story of a couple from Chevy Chase, Maryland who found nothing more, nothing less than a live scorpion when they opened a bag of fresh spinach, previously bought from a Giant store.
Ghost in the Shall or Scorpion in the Bag?
What can we say? Each time when we’re buying a bag full of salad, we expect to be packed with nutrients, not with unwelcomed surprises. Since we’re on the topic, we want to present the mildly disturbing case of a couple from the city of Chevy Chase, Maryland, who found a live scorpion in a bag of spinach bought from a Giant grocery store.
Shanmukha Pranay Rajeev Jerripothul and his wife went to the Giant grocery store on Friday evening in order to purchase several items. Among other things, the Chevy Chase couple bought a big bag of spinach which bore Giant’s label.
According to Mr. Jerripothul, after returning home, he and his wife put the bag of spinach inside the refrigerator and left it there over the weekend. A few days later, remembering that there’s a bag a spinach left, Jerriphothul’s wife took it out of the fridge in order to prepare a quick lunch.
A Bag Full of Surprises
Upon taking the bag out of the fridge, that man’s wife noticed that there was something not quite right about it. Looking a bit closer, the woman saw something moving or rather crawling inside the sealed spinach bag.
At first, Jerripothul declared that his wife paid little attention to the event, as she believed that one or more crickets might have been trapped in during the bagging. However, after the Chevy Chase couple examined the bag, they’ve discovered that it contained nothing more and nothing less than a living, breathing scorpion.
After seeing the critter trying to claw its way out of the spinach bag, the man rushed to the Giant grocery store and told the employees about what he found in the bag.
In a recent comment posted on Giant’s website, the company issued a formal apology for the incident and stated that it had taken all the necessary precautions in order to avoid a similar incident. However, we do not know for sure if the company recalled similar products or checked to see if any of the spinach bags currently sold at the grocery store houses similar critters.
Image source: Wikipedia
Latest posts by Tara Hamilton (see all)
- Aspirin Might Keep Away Cancers of the Digestive Tract - November 1, 2017
- Halloween, the Biggest Food Poisoning Hazard for Pets - October 27, 2017
- Botox Might Be a Possible Cure for Pediatric Migraines - October 25, 2017