Warrington authorities reported that a 5-year-old boy had been found dead in the backyard, after going outside to play with the family’s pet dog. The body was discovered by his mother, who saw him lying face down in the snow and the dog tugging on the scarf wrapped around his neck. Paramedics who arrived at the Warrington House were unable to resuscitate the child. The County’s Coroner’s Office ruled out the boy’s death as accidental.
The Bruno family of Warrington, Pennsylvania mourns the death of 5-year-old John Bruno, who was found unconscious in the backyard several days ago and later pronounced dead at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
With tears in her eyes, John’s mother told the reporters that, on that day, she looked out the window to check up on her son, who just went to play in the courtyard with the family’s 18-mounth-old hound. The woman said that the pet dog was very calm and always played nice with John. She also declared that it wasn’t the first time her son went to play with the dog.
However, after looking out the window, the woman saw the 5-year-old boy lying face down in the snow. As she got out of the house to see what’s wrong with her child, the woman observed that John wasn’t moving and that the hound kept pulling a scarf wrapped around the child’s neck.
John’s mother said that after chasing away the dog and lifting her son, she noticed that the scarf was so tightly wrapped around the boy’s neck. At this point, the Warrington boy was unconscious and did not breath.
The woman immediately called an ambulance. Within a few minutes, a team of paramedics arrived and performed CPR on the Warrington boy. Unfortunately, John Bruno was declared dead several hours later at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
According to the Coroner’s Office report, John Bruno’s death was the result of an unfortunate accident, the cause of death being ligature strangulation. Bruno’s relatives and friends have set up a GoFundMe account of behalf of his family to help them with the funeral expenses.
At this point, it’s uncertain what happened to the family’s pet dog. The boy’s mother told the interviewers that the hound mix was always very careful when playing with John and that he didn’t once hurt him. John Bruno, the Warrington boy, passed away on the 18th of March at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Image source: Wikipedia
Latest posts by Tara Hamilton (see all)
- Aspirin Might Keep Away Cancers of the Digestive Tract - November 1, 2017
- Halloween, the Biggest Food Poisoning Hazard for Pets - October 27, 2017
- Botox Might Be a Possible Cure for Pediatric Migraines - October 25, 2017